✨Lollipop is making the mundane magical ✨
We are cooking up the fastest and most enjoyable shopping and cooking experience in the world. We want to help busy families and those overwhelmed by the pressures of daily life ultimately enjoy this chore. We are laser focused on building a product that doesn't just look after everyone but our planet too, so helping to reduce the £10 billion of food waste thrown away every year is a huge priority for us.
Our diverse founding team of 12 have built businesses such as Monzo, Curve and Florence and our backers have scaled companies like Ocado, Innocent, Babylon and Deliveroo. We know what it takes to build products enjoyed by millions of people across the world. In order for us to complete our mission though, we need to find like-minded folks who care about the same things we do - that's where you come in.
As a Mobile Engineer at Lollipop, your goal is to take our existing Flutter mobile application to the next level, and to create a shopping experience our users can’t live without. You'll work in a small tight-knit semi-autonomous cross-functional team, iterating quickly with highly capable designers and fellow mobile and full stack developers. You'll build useful, usable, and delightful mobile experiences for customers.
This phase is all about getting working software in front of users and iterating fast based on feedback. We are not yet optimising for massive scale or fixing every possible edge-case. But before long you’ll need to help build a scalable platform that can handle growth without slowing down development.
You’re someone who makes things happen, takes a lead and encourages others, despite ambiguity and changing requirements. You can calmly handle periods of breakneck scaling and moments of chaos. You have a passion for innovation and solving real customer problems, not just shipping code.
What your day-to-day will include:
- As a team, you will take product, design and data inputs, make decisions, try features and iterate quickly based on direct customer feedback
- You will be working directly with full-stack developers on the same team to come up with the APIs that power our mobile apps
- You will be rapidly solving product and tech challenges that haven’t been solved before
- You will help shape our development process and company culture
You should apply if you have:
- Substantial (5+ years) experience building mobile apps for iOS and Android
- Experience shipping a Flutter application on iOS and Android stores (not required but would be ideal!)
- Continuous integration experience for mobile
- Rapid prototyping experience building prototypes/MVPs with short cycle times (hours or days, not weeks)
- A strong desire to learn from others, improve your practice and push yourself towards greatness
- Impactful experience in a scaling startup environment and/or at a major tech brand (not required but would be ideal!)
🖖🏽 How you operate
- Think big - you're inspired by frighteningly ambitious solutions to big customer problems, you approach them from first principles and you have the determination to clear hurdles to get there.
- Move fast - you are used to shipping fast and learn fast, you're not afraid to fail, you balance codebase quality with speed of delivery and you're a clear thinker and excellent communicator.
- Make it better - you think about the bigger picture, you have a growth mindset with yourself and others (including a healthy relationship with feedback), you're hard on problems not people and you seek out diversity in all its lovely forms.
🏅Why you should join us
No matter how fast we scale, we won’t forget that our incredible team is a wide-ranging group of individuals who deserve a personal touch. We’ll need to move fast and work hard to achieve our mission but we firmly commit to ensuring our workplace is motivating, diverse, inclusive, honest and transparent throughout the journey.
Other benefits to working with us:
- An open and collaborative company looking to develop a world-class product team
- Minimal hierarchy - you’ll work closely with the founding team from the start
- Opportunity to join user research and see how customers interact with your designs directly
- Modern architecture and tooling - you can use the right tool for the job
- “Just enough process” - no more, no less
- Flexible and sustainable working hours without hidden expectation of overtime - we work hard and focus on impact while we're working, and switch off when we're not
- Brand new MacBook Pro (or equivalent)
- More perks as we (and you) think of them
- Salary range: £65K - £85K with substantial EMI options
- 25 days holiday, monthly socials and much more to come!
- We work both at home and in the office in London, with dedicated office days to see the team. This role can be remote in the UK, but we ask you travel to London approx once a month, potentially quarterly.
- NB: Please note, we're unfortunately not able to sponsor visas directly, so you'll need to have authorisation to work in the UK.
🤝 How we’ll get to know each other
We're so egg-cited to meet you! 🥳 We’re mindful and respectful of your time, so our process will take up to 5 hours in total and will typically consist of:
- an introductory conversation
- a technical deep-dive
- a team fit discussion
- a culture interview
💜 We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We believe that our team is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Lollipop, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
🙌 We look forward to hearing from you!