Senior Flutter Developer (m/f/x)
Full-time and Remote
simpleclub is Germany's most popular digital learning platform. We offer a personalized learning experience to students, powered by the best content. For 1M+ users. Loved by both students and parents, simpleclub makes it easy and fun for students and learners to understand anything related to any subject at school with a stress-free experience. At simpleclub, we are all creators and we are on a mission to disrupt the traditional school-based learning system by creating and giving access to great learning content to every student. Check us out on Instagram and TikTok and especially our App.
Created in 2015 by back then students, simpleclub has grown to over 1M users and going. In 2020, simpleclub secured a seed round from HV Capital to accelerate growth. And this is where you come in:
As a Senior Flutter Developer within the Engineering team, you'll be developing new product functionalities and as well as contributing to simpleclub Flutter App’s architecture. As we are scaling, you will take an important part in the growth of our team and contribute to the successful collaboration between our departments.
This is a unique opportunity to work with a dedicated team and impact the way students approach learning across the world.
How will you make an impact:
- Integrating an Agile cross-platform team continuously developing simpleclub’s Mobile and Web apps
- Coming up with creative solutions to meet students needs
- Being there for the team by offering expertise and technical mentorship to the team.
- Leading technical discussions and designs
- Working closely with the team to identify and address technical debt. Being a champion for maintainable and well-tested code
- Actively contributing to the continuous improvement of the team’s engineering practices and processes
- Taking an active role in building our team. You will be conducting technical assessments and on-boarding activities.
Technical skills we value:
- Deep Computer Science understanding. Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals.
- Solid mobile application development experience. You can confidently say you have tons of experience when it comes to mobile development and you have previous experience building scalable mobile applications in iOS, Android, or hybrid technologies, ideally Flutter 🌝.
- Previous exposure to High-level Designs. You have experience with high-level Designs, scoping, and estimation of complex projects.
- Ability to break down complex topics into actionable solutions. You have experience in analysing large features and implementing practical and executable solutions.
- Fearless curiosity. You are not afraid of learning and trying new things. You are able to quickly grasp new concepts and be up-to-date with software design and architecture patterns.
- Cross-functional collaboration. Previous experience working closely with Product Managers and Designers during the validation phase of new features and products.
- Continuous delivery. You appreciate well-structured and testable code and a lean approach to software development.
Soft skills we value:
- Passion Passionate about developing high performing applications with rich UI and UX
- Adaptability. Welcoming and leading through change and high ambiguity
- Growth-mindset. You know feedback is the key to progression and you are comfortable to give and receive feedback to
- User empathy. You have demonstrated awareness and curiosity of what is important for the users and you keep this at the core of your work
- High level of pragmatism. You believe in keeping the bigger picture in mind and not over-engineering things while still keeping a quality-driven approach.
- Strong communication skills. You are able to communicate your ideas, written and spoken, clearly and with empathy. English is our official language.
- An Agile Advocate. You are passionate about working as a team, sharing knowledge and giving everyone autonomy embracing Agile principles.
Bonus points if:
- You have previous experience developing applications in Flutter and Web apps
What is in for you:
- Work from anywhere
- Team events
- A great culture
- Join a purposeful mission
- Open communication
simpleclub welcomes everyone. Yes, everyone:
At simpleclub, we are devoted to building an environment that promotes equality, inclusion and diversity. We are on the path towards expansion and with that we believe everyone’s uniqueness should be celebrated and embraced. This is critical to our success and innovation. We want to build a product that is loved by everyone and we want the same to be reflected in our teams.
It is key to us that our employees bring themselves to work no matter what age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, colour of your skin, beliefs, gender or else.
With this in mind, we are working to ensure simpleclub remains a diverse and inclusive environment for everyone.