Imagine a spreadsheet grid where each cell can also call an API or repeat a job. This is what we are building. Our product lets users create interactive web apps using the spreadsheet skills they already have. You can check us at rows.com.
We have also been on the news. You can find us on TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Eco Sapo (PT), Business Insider (DE) and many other media!
Your role is to team up with our engineers and help to kickstart and build our desktop app. You will be working on:
- A brand new Desktop App for our spreadsheet. Our core focus will be to deliver an App for macOS, but we have plans for Windows (and Linux) too.
- Within the App, part of the work is in the account Dashboard where users manage apps and settings.
- The other part of your work is in the editor where users manipulate a list of programmable cells that can do computing, including services and automation.
Current open positions
- We are looking for desktop application engineers who will be a fit for our team A1.
- See what each Team does here.
- Team A1 is the most recent team. Their responsibility is to build the most beautiful, incredibly, fast and awesome desktop application for our dear users. On this team, you will have the chance to contribute with your knowledge on creating not only the new application but to set up the development process, pipelines and other technical challenges needed to create this new application.
- Note: It is possible to move between teams.
We're looking for people who improve our team! Our ideal buddy is:
- Motivated to solve complex challenges. We are building a platform that provides General Purpose Computing to the masses; this requires cooking up new solutions that handle millions of calculations.
- Professional and fun. We value commitment and the ability to stay optimistic and focused, especially in the face of difficult challenges or feedback. But we also find plenty of time to talk about Borat.
- Focused on quality and usability. We hate alarms going off and features that are half-baked as much as you do. Come build a polished product with us!
At least 3 years of work experience as a software engineer.
- Fluent in design patterns and other Computer Science fundamentals.
- Experienced in building mobile/desktop apps using Flutter.
- Motivated to test and adopt new technologies.
- Experienced in tests (writing unit tests, end-to-end tests).
- Able communicator in English. Portuguese is optional but welcome.
Nice to have
- Experience in developing for Apple platforms (iOS/macOS)
- WebSockets (GraphQL over WebSockets).
- GitHub (Open source and internal repos).
Compensation and Perks
- Expected Annual Gross Salary Range: 48.300-62.200€.
- Employee equity plan.
- Health Insurance for you and your family.
- Plenty of coffee and frequent ice-cream - when at the office :)
- Liberal work-from-home policy.
- Unlimited vacation policy.