Our partner upday - Europe’s biggest News App- is a fast growing tech and media company and a joint venture of Axel Springer and Samsung Electronics. The Product offers the perfect combination of man & machine, where algorithms are inspired by journalism. In the offices across Europe they combine editorial expertise and content curation with the very latest personalization technologies to bring their readers the stories that matter to them.
We are looking for creative and committed entrepreneurial individuals helping to further realize updays vision.
- You will be joining a cross-functional engineering team to focus on creating and maintaining a world class mobile app that is deployed on an international level
- You design and implement complex, appealing, high quality Android applications
- You will mentor team members and will become the "go to" person
- You interact with engineers, product managers and other teams every day, where you apply excellent communication skills in an agile working environment
- You apply testing ruthlessly but not soft-headed and constantly push highest quality code
- You are a strong problem-solver, you're proactive and organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment providing consistent, high-quality output
- You are always curious and seek to continuously learn new abilities and skills
- You are a skilled mobile engineer with proven proficiency using the Android (OR very experienced in other programming languages that will qualify you to technically lead the team)
- You breathe software development patterns like MVVM, MVP, MVI, etc.
- You ideally already have previous experience with Flutter but are definitely interested in working with it
- You have skills in architecture, performance analysis, and continuous integration
- You are not afraid to tackle projects as a lead and know how to handle difficult situations
- You are advanced in unit/functional testing using tools like JUnit and Espresso
- Of course, upday has a Football (Kicker), table tennis and all the other start-up gimmicks
- All drinks free (water, beer, coffee, tea, club-mate, champagne on special occasions etc.) and fresh fruit twice a week
- Your choice of a MacBook or a Windows/Linux machine and a smart phone w/ contract
- A very generous self-development budget to get certified or to travel to conferences all over the world
- A competitive salary
- A chance to push your ideas and visions, in particular during the periodic hackathons
- An unlimited contract
Of course there are more facts/benefits on top of that- but let´s this discuss this in a first call. I am looking forward to receive your CV and will be in touch as soon as possible with a feedback!