Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today’s gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for a Flutter Technical Lead who will join our Scott’s Miracle-Gro team in Marysville, OH, or remote.
The Flutter Technical Lead will have a deep understanding and hands-on experience in software development, consumer experience and technical mobile architecture required to build highly scalable, secure mobile applications.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Provide strategic architectural design across mobile applications, support features for current and future business needs
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of the industry and components of the digital systems where the entire platform is built
- Participate in agile scrum sessions and stakeholder meetings; provide accurate work estimates on user stories and define development team throughput
- Support existing production mobile applications while planning implementation of new technologies
- Be proactive; be the one to raise warning flags before anyone else
- Ensure extensibility, supportability, performance and scalability of the platform
- Help manage project’s development resources by delegating tasks, completing development tasks with quality, ensure code compliance with code reviews
- Collaboration with other teams is critical
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Ability to think strategically and plan effectively including experience in developing long-term business technology strategies and plans.
- Deep knowledge in mobile application architecture and mobile app development including ecommerce capabilities
- Independent and interdependent: Highly organized and able to manage one's own workload / priorities while also working well within a team
- Keep up to date with industry’s technical advancements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to effectively express complex concepts in simple business terms across all levels of the organization
- Comfortable and flexible with changing priorities, high levels of ambiguity, and non-routine issues.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Flutter
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a technical lead role
- Minimum of 7 years experience creating mobile applications on native iOS and android platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Ability to form strong relationships with key partners
- Desired, but not mandatory:
- * Open-source project written in Flutter
- * Flutter Plugin contributor
- * Experience with TDD/BDD
Knowledge & Skills
Flutter, Dart, iOS platform, Android platform, eCommerce, Web Development, Microservices
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
- A place on an engaged team of passionate colleagues in a growing and dynamic industry
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- First day of hire, 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount)
- 13 paid holidays and generous vacation policy
- Nutrition reimbursement program (up to $200 per associate and per spouse)
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes employee resource groups: Scotts Women’s Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network, GroPride Network, and Scotts Young Professionals
Our commitment to LiveTotal Health puts the wellness and safety of our associates and their families as the top priority. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring associate safety has been a primary focus for all of us at Scotts. During this year’s flu season and the continuing pandemic, we remain committed to doing everything we can to keep our associates healthy and safe. As such, we are requiring our US associates to get a flu vaccine. This safety measure will help protect our associates, our families and our communities. We recognize a medical or personal circumstance may prevent you from meeting this requirement and we have a process to address those concerns.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent networks.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.